Baked oats recipe no banana is a go to because its hearty, quick and easy to make.
This is a recipe that requires ingredients that are probably already in your kitchen right now.
This baked oats recipe with no banana is especially great for breakfast but you can always have it at whatever time you wish.
Why baked oats recipe no banana is a must try
- Baked oats without banana is easy to make
- Simple ingredients required
- You don’t have to be a chopped winner to make this recipe
- You can fully customize it to your liking
- No banana needed
- Its delicious and healthy
- Check out this lemon overnight oats recipe
Ingredients and substitutions for baked oats recipe no banana
Affiliate links may be used in this post. I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you if you use my affiliate link. Read my full disclosure policy here.
The following are the main ingredients you will need to make this baked oats no banana recipe. Also included are substitutions. Check out the recipe card for a more elaborate guide.
- Old-Fashioned Rolled Oats or oats flour- you can also use certified gluten free oats.
- Milk – Use non dairy milk if that is your preference like oat milk, almond milk etc.
- Yogurt – will add more flavor to the baked oats.
- Pure Maple Syrup or honey to add sweetness.
- Baking Powder– helps the baked oats to rise.
Got Allergies? No problem!
If you are allergic to any of the mentioned ingredients, here are alternatives;
- Dairy-Free – Use dairy free yogurt and use any other kind of milk like oat milk.
- Egg-Free – You can totally skip the eggs entirely.
- Gluten-Free – Use certified gluten free oats products and also make sure that the baking powder is gluten free.
- Sugar-Free – Use sugar free sweetener.
Kitchen tools you will need
You will need the following:
- 9-inch square baking dish
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring tools.1/2 teaspoon, 1 teaspoon, 1/4 cup, 1/3 cup, 1/2 cup, and 1 cup.
Taste and texture
These baked oats without banana are soft, fluffy and not sweet. It feels like eating cake but with way less sugar. The main flavors are oats and cinnamon.
Make sure to bake within the instructed time to prevent drying out the baked oats as this will take away from its soft and fluffy texture.
How to make baked oats recipe no banana
- Make sure your oven is preheated to 350°F (180°C). Grease an oven safe cup with cooking oil or non stick spray.
- Blend all the ingredients in a blender on high speed until completely smooth.
- Add the batter in the oven safe greased cup.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve while hot.
Tips for the perfect baked oatmeal
- Do not use quick oats or steel cut oats. These kinds of oats are too rough and I would only recommend using old fashioned rolled oats.
- Use the right temperature in the oven aka make sure your oven is at 375°F. This will achieve the best baked oats texture.
- Don’t bake for too long. This will dry out the baked oats and make them not enjoyable to eat.
- Completely blend the oats.
- Make sure to grease the baking pan. This will ensure that the baked oats does not stick to the sides and will easily slide of the baking dish.
There are 365 days in a year as well as 365 variations to this recipe.
Really, you can switch up baked oats recipe with no banana in so many ways. A couple of ways in which you can spruce up this recipe include;
- Make it a chocolate version by adding in some cocoa powder.
- You can add chocolate chips before baking
- Add blueberries or strawberries or blackberries as topping after baking.
- Add the blueberries or strawberries inside the mixture instead of the chocolate chips.
- Add lemon zest for a punch of flavor.
- You can add protein powder of a flavor you like.
- Love peanut butter? Add one tablespoon of peanut butter inside the oats batter.
- Add nuts of your choice on top
How to serve and store baked oats no banana
Serve only when hot, baked oats tends to get dry as it gets cold.
Baked oats are a bit too dry to eat on its own so its best to add a topping like melted chocolate or yogurt.
You can pre make the baked oats batter and store in the fridge overnight. Make sure to use an airtight mason jar.
Frequently asked questions
Is baked oats healthy?
Baked oats are very healthy.
Can I store to eat later?
Its best to eat baked oats while hot. You can always store the batter in the fridge and make at a time of your convenience.
Must I use eggs?
No, you can skip adding the eggs.
Which type of oats should I use?
Use old fashioned rolled oats for the best texture.
Baked Oats Recipe No Banana
Baked oats recipe no banana is a go to because it hearty, quick and easy to make.
Make sure your oven is preheated to 350°F (180°C). Grease an oven safe cup with cooking oil or non stick spray.
Blend all the ingredients in a blender on high speed until completely smooth.
Add the batter in the oven safe greased cup.
Bake for 20 minutes.
Serve while hot.